I'm sure I'll be hated or disliked or at least bashed by even my fellow rant-lovers, such as Arianna. Believe me. This is a form of hypocrisy no one will believe IS a hypocrisy. You will honestly think what I am about to say is so vile, that you'd wish poison and old-fashioned hanging upon me. Yes, if I had lived in the past to say this...I could have very well been killed. I'm sure there are still some out there today who have inherited the nerve by society to shoot one saying such things. So 'WHAT?' you cry as you bang your fists on your desk, spilling your drink, IS this bitter form of hypocrisy you speak of? I speak of defense. Defense for someone who has been hated for as long as his name has been known in this prison dump we call 'America'. I'm about to talk myself out of any of your possible mercy-he was a man of genocide. Yes, I am defending a genocidal figure despised by the majority of the world. Who? I will give you a hint: 1939.
Yes, it is Hitler.
Adolf Hitler performed a series of unspeakable crimes and damage what was beyond mending. If you think I am supporting his ways, you're wrong. You're just biased because of society (you are against this because society is), just as Hitler was. Everyone else is out there saying, "OOOH YOU DON'T HATE HITLER OMG THAT MEANS YOU SUPPORT HIM I HATE YOU AEOIGHEOGTIHEGIH" Naturally, you are brushed a certain direction with a path that involves the obligation to hate this person.
It was wrong for him to kill millions of innocent Jews. No one to this day is sure why he hated them, but there are many theories. One involves their deadly association. Jews wre crushed by prejiduce, so naturally they turned to Communism and Socialism; which both included the principles that everyone is created equal. Now to be honest, I know NOTHING about The Great War. (Later known as WWI.) But I have read that Hitler blamed these people for defeat of WWI, so naturally you can see where Jews would come into play. Also, Jews were not too popular from the start. People also needed a scapegoat. So many things could have combined to make the Jews that one group that most people didn't exactly love.
It IS horrible what he did. He killed MILLIONS. Society today makes him a subject of hatred, someone we're all supposed to hate. But do you people honestly think attacking him like this makes you any better of a person? He had twisted perspective and did horrible things because of his strong beliefs. He was lost. He may have killed millions, but millions are killing him. Brutality is never justified. It's lucky he's already dead. What a twisted perspective THAT is.
God has dealt with him. He doesn't need everything being said about him. I know what it's like being hated. I've felt that giant boulder sitting on top of me- a metaphor that I'm in a horrible situation I can't get out of that no one will understand. I had a dream about this horrible feeling. Huh. You know what I just realized? To my ironic expense, in the dream I was being taken to a concentration camp. Yeah, THAT sure helps my case. Point is, I've only just begun feeling emotions in my dreams, and for tidbits of these dreams to actually make sense. Maybe you could say my dreams are getting worse. But obviously times are getting tougher and my emotions are getting more intense. My dreams are starting to have meaning.
BACK on topic-
Hitler really was a good man at heart. Anne Frank even wrote a similar thing in her diary. She always believed that everyone was good at heart. Hitler was. He had faulty, strong views. Really, he was only trying to help his country. Believe me, he shared the beliefs of many. Prejudice against the Jewish, Communists, etc. So it's not like he was the only one who at least thought that way.
Hitler was an extremely poor man who dealt with many hardships as a boy. He was an extremely talented artist, but could not make money off of it. Take away all the prejudice and genocides for a minute. He was a great speaker. My dad and my brother were talking, and my dad told of how, even though we can't tell what he's saying, Hitler was very talented with public speaking. He could get crowds fired up, a great power mastered by few. Unfortunately, he used this power for evil.
Please, learn the whole story before you heate. Hitler was good at heart, he just made bad decisions based on flawed views and the desperation to bring Germany out of its depression and restore the power it once had but so devastatingly lost.
I can hear you now, telling me what I left out and how the brutality CAN be justified and all the sort. Well, it's the world's turn to listen to me. If you don't consider, then how can I ever look at you and think of all the brilliant things about you? If you only think about the negative aspects of a person's life and nothing the slightest bit good, how does that make you any more admirable?
I know none of you will stand by me. That's alright, I walk alone. But everyone is good at heart, no matter how much brutality you pile on.
Don't worry, I'm not here with a pitchfork to run you off the edge of the Earth.
ReplyDeleteThere is some truth to what you are saying. Society and the media have heavy influences on people, and they often can control major public opinion.
Hitler was an evil man, however. Whatever light was left in him he crushed with his pride, arrogance, and tyranny. People have choices in life, and it's a person's life story that defines them, not what "might have been". Sadly, this goes for anyone.
Okay, so now we can address other people's choices and look at them from another perspective. Abraham Lincoln. We all deem him as an excellent person and president, mostly because he ended the legality of slavery in the United States. He could've, however, made the choice to burn at the stake any people of dark skin. Did he do that? No, meaning that history, and the eyes of man, deem him a good person. If he had done those horrid things, he would be known as the most evil president the US ever had.
Yeah, Hitler made a LOT of bad choices, and those choices damned him in the eyes of the world. There is such a thing as bringing and image upon oneself. Had he not done such awful things, he would not have the tone of hate sound whenever someone mentions his name.
So, in a nutshell, everyone has light and dark, good and evil, inside them, but it's what they choose in life, and at the end of life, what defines them throughout history.
You have your opinions and beliefs. Sorry if you take my whole comment personally, as it was not an attack against you nor anyone else. Simply my outlook on a situation.
I think you're right Lauren. He had to be good at heart. No one can be truely 100% evil. He had a reason for what he did. Even so, it was wrong, but he did have a reason. Even though we don't know what it was, whatever he was doing, he thought he was doing good. Doing right. We know it isn't right, but why should he care? You have to remember that he had people he loved, and people loved him. Love is a strong thing you know? That may have been the reason he did evil things. It all WAS wrong, but he had to have some good. I support your opinion, Lauren.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteI had a wonderful comment but, when I re-read it was atrocious. I'll repsot tomorrow, when my brain isn't tired
ReplyDelete