Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Do you have weird genetic traits?

I have realized that I have interesting traits.

-Strawberry blonde hair
Basically, I have golden blonde hair with red in it. On Google Images, none of the results for 'strawberry blonde' seem to depict this particular color, however. I was actually born with red hair, which I am assumed to have inherited from my dad's Irish grandmother. After I was about one, it changed to strawberry blonde.

-Dark slate blue eyes
I just read online that all babies of Caucasian ethnicity are born with slate blue eyes. My eyes are still that dark greyish-blue color. I believe it's called slate blue, I can't find any other term for it.

Do you have an ultra rare, indescribable hair color like mine? Do have the most unusually gorgeous eyes ever? (I have a friend with eyes close to this color. However, that beautiful cat's eyes are MUCH darker. My friend has an extremely bright and light version of aqua green. :O) Tell me about your unusual traits.

Want to hear something funny? Here's me:
4'10", Strawberry blonde, slate blue eyes
Here's the guy I like:
6'5"* , Jet black hair**, bright, light blue eyes
*Something like that
**Like Harry Potter black

Imagine the battle between our genes to determine what color hair our kids will have. XD Apparently tallness is dominant, so I guess the height could be a bit more predictable. But seriously, what do you get when you cross a strawberry blonde girl and a black-haired guy? XD(Literally, not a chicken crossing the road joke.)

If anyone knows the answer, tell me. XD

7 comments:

  1. I DO have a weird genetic trait. And that is my eyes. The colour's not strange, it's . . . well . . . let me explain.

    So, my eyes are a brown-green hazel. But, I have-what my family calls-sunflower eyes. If you look closely at my eyes, you can see the shape of a flower, basically. My mom and cousin have the same thing. :O

    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have blueish grey eyes. Depending on what you put around it or put on, like a shirt (blue, grey yellow, ect...) they look beautiful. I have hair with ALL kinds of colors. Brown, red, blond, a lil black... Its really weird..... I have no idea why my hair has all kinds of colors. Any ideas...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm.. I believe blond hair is recessive so I believe the kids will have dark hair. (Thats just a hypothesis.... omigosh I sound nerdy.)
    I have every single color in my hair and during the winter I have auburn lowlights and in the summer I have blond highlights. My eyes are blue but in the center its hazel.
    I feel sorry for my kids they're gonna be made fun of with my genes. Sorry! Blame your grandparents...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm an idiot. You know that. Yes, you are nerdy. And I feel sry for ur kids too. :P

      Delete
  4. My traits are really messed up. Red hair, brown eyes, left handed. Most people with red hair have green or blue eyes. Red hair occurs in 1-2% of the world population. Left handed occurs in around 10% of the population. A few sources said that I am in the less then 1% but I couldn't find out the exact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have strawberry-blonde hair, hazel eyes.

    ReplyDelete