Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Eyes Like Knives

I turn to the cold, all secrets kept
Not a trace to reveal all those times I wept
For no one could fathom the extent of my sorrow
That haunts me forever and will renew tomorrow

Your hearts are like steel and your eyes like knives
With their sharp, judging blades that tear me alive
I cannot make a sound or escape one tear
For you would only laugh at my silly fears

A dagger dripping with blood the color of the ocean
(Symbolises a wound pertaining to emotions),
Has been stabbed through my heart, my brain, my soul
Now throw knife down, you have reached your goal!

But you do not halt, nor breathe, nor run,
In your cold little eyes, I see the deed is not done
You raise the knife above my golden head,
And soon after, I have fallen dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment