I sit around in a small and warm cafe
The scents around me are sweet, I must say
It'd like to wrap me up so I can't feel the pain
But I look out into the rain
And I see you standing there all wet
Sending a message which only I can connect
You dripped in rain, but you stood with that stain
And you told me I was done, that you reign
But I promise you, you're no angel tonight
Nothing but a dirt tracker in the Texas moonlight
You think that you're clean, because you've seen no mud
But in time you'll check your shoes, at least you should
You try to push the door, but the waitress won't budge
I smile and stand, then give a playful nudge
She won't let you in this clean and warm cafe
Outside with the dirt you can't see, that's where you will stay
I really enjoyed this, especially the third stanza. It gives vivid imagery, which I absolutely adore.
ReplyDelete